This was easy and fun to make with the kids, and book club loved it. Goes great with the tasty salads from Lisa and Ingrid - topped off with a seriously buttery good fruit crumble. If no amount is indicated, use your discretion. But remember, these are the things that make it tasty - cream, butter, herbes....
1 28 oz can tomatoes
2 8 oz containers of cremini and white button mushrooms
1 jar of roasted red peppers
1 500 ml cont. of cottage cheese
1 slab of Oka cheese - shredded
1 bag of pre-shredded mozza/ cheddar cheese
1 pkg. fresh lasagna sheets
herbes de provence
salt and pepper
1. Get a small child - with good fine motor skills to chop the mushrooms
2. Get a smal child - with lesser fine motor skills to melt a big gob of butter on the stove - get first small child to add chopped mushrooms into melted butter
3. add thyme, tarragon, about 1/4 c white wine and about 1/4 c cream to mushrooms and let simmer - reducing to a creamy goodness- Get small child to stir. They are all good at that.
4. Meanwhile - help small child slice zuchinis, and toss them with balsamic vinegar, then grill them till soft -small child can flip them too, this is fun.
5. Open jar of red peppers, use some of the liquid in the mushrooms, and toss the rest.
6. Grill peppers for a bit
7. Whir can of tomatoes in processor, child can press the button - and add herbes de provence and some salt, this is your "sauce"
8. Stir cottage cheese, shredded Oka cheese together
9. Layer your lasagna
- sauce to coat the pan
- pasta, sauce, cottage cheese combo
- then pasta, grilled veggies, shredded cheese
- then pasta, mushroom deliciousness, rest of sauce, and a ton of shredded cheese.
cover with foil, 350 for an hour. then remove foil, 350 for another 20 mins.
I used two implements last night for our appies that were given to me by other book club members - Susan and Gabrielle. We miss you!! And even though I think Lisa was asleep on the floor by the fire, we did sort of talk about books. I even sold several copies of Mike's!!!! Captive audience....what can I say.