Thursday, October 7, 2010

Food for thought

Hard to come up with post names, this one is sort of dumb...however, to the point.

I admit, I thought of posting on the horror that is a breast MRI - but decided to leave it at this: don't double book tests that require IVs and nuclear dyes for the same day; don't drink alcohol before hand; do take an ATAVAN. The machine sounds like a seriously awful 80s Japanese Punk Band - thunk thunk thunk. Face down, cold.....eeeeuuw

So, instead I thought I might focus on food - which is so sustaining and important.

A yummy recipe from Erin and Ally - delivered other night - basically -orange peppers, chick peas, garlic and shallots, black olives, sundried tomatoes, pancetta, edamame, tossed in lemon, olive oil and a bit of salt with crumbled feta. HEAVEN. We paired it with some salsa baked chicken breasts. Delish.

Last night we had honey / maple / mustard glazed salmon with mashed taters, and brussel sprouts in butter and salt. Yum. Yum. Yum.

Frankly there is a cookbook in here somewhere, I am sure of it. Michael the writer suggested - Kate's Cancer Cooking - and I nixed it right away...Horrors. There is a title out there lurking...and it will surface, I know it. And no doubt, a ton of soul sustaining recipes along this journey.

So, for those who drop food - if you share the recipe I promise I will share the no doubt copious royalties of the fabulously popular cookbook we will craft together...you will be no doubt honoured with a check for about .85 cents per annum, as the book trade goes. but think of the glory!

Yes, Krissy, your pink party martinis will certainly be in there!!!!!



xo KO

6 comments:

alleycat said...

That's so awesome Kate - although you're stealing my idea of writing my own cookbook - which i "cooked" up during my first year of motherhood and have done nothing about... except the idea rekindled itself in the past week and I'm now seriously considering it! Partnership? :) Glad you liked the salad!

Anonymous said...

Suggest "Sustenance!", subtitled - "recipes full of love, for tough times" xxx

Auntie Cake's Shop said...

love the title - thanks!! whomever you are!

Anonymous said...

Glad you like it xxx V

Paddy C said...

Hi Kate

Followed this link recently because it looked so damn good:

http://www.bitchincamero.com/2009/10/white-bean-soup-with-mini-lamb-meatballs/

Other good looking stuff there.

Anonymous said...

postopno varcevanje [url=http://www.vzajemniskladi.info]alta skladi[/url]