Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A note and a song from Sarah

The Ever talented Sarah, dancer, songstress!
My beloved Val and her lovely kids Iain, Angus and Sarah and Mum Joyce moved back to the UK a year ago this summer and we miss them terribly. Especially now - as we have all been through some tough times together, really hard crap, and are particularly good at helping each other.

Many shared broken bones, broken hearts, and other various afflictions humans should not have to entertain.

This email from the lovely young Sarah: Wanted to do something special for you, just to let you know that I'm there for you, no matter how many miles away I am.

Love Sarah xx
 




 

Kate’s Song

Verse 1

Its gonna be a long, long day

Cus I won’t know

If you’re okay oh-oh

It’s gonna be a long, long wait

Cus I know

I’m too far away

But I’m there for you

Like you were

There for me

Ohh-Ohh

Chorus

You’re always the strong one

Who says setbacks never matter

You’re always the strong one

Who’ll take on the world

You’re always the strong one

Who won’t let this control you

You’re always the strong one

Who made me a better girl

Verse 2

Today’s the long day

When it’s all

Gonna change

And it’s killing me to wait

Cus I know

Things won’t be the same

But in my head I’m

There beside you

Like you were

There beside me

Ohh-Ohh

 Chorus

You’re always the strong one

Who says setbacks never matter

You’re always the strong one

Who’ll take on the world

You’re always the strong one

Who won’t let this control you

You’re always the strong one

Who made me a better girl

Bridge

I won’ t let you down

I’ll take you to the stars

And all the way around

I won’t let you fall

I’ll be standing by you

A shoulder to cry on

Chorus

You’re always the strong one

Who says setbacks never matter

You’re always the strong one

Who’ll take on the world

You’re always the strong one

Who won’t let this control you

You’re always the strong one

Who made me a better girl

I won’t let you fall

I’ll be standing by you

A shoulder to cry on

I won’t let you

Fall-all Ohh-Ohh

Chorus

You’re always the strong one

Who says setbacks never matter

You’re always the strong one

Who’ll take on the world

You’re always the strong one

Who won’t let this control you

You’re always the strong one

Who made me a better girl

Who made me a better girl

Who

Made

Me


3 comments:

Michael Bryson said...

This is lovely!

Thank you, Sarah!

Sarah said...

glad you liked it Kate, hope the chemo's not making you fel too crappy

Auntie Cake's Shop said...

crappy is a NICE word for it...