Friday, March 25, 2011

Me and my first boss - 22 years later! and her lovely hubby, Andy

My first "boss" Joy Houston is one of the loveliest people you could meet - a true example of positivism and "coaching". She practically adopted me and Sandra, my friend and another of the summer students. We met in 1988 at the National Archives, and have been in touch through thick and thin - these past 22 years. Example of how to love people: show them - be there, write kind loving notes, send funny jokes, make fun of your baldness. Or as it happens, compare your baldness....

Joy and Andy I love you guys. You are the best. xo



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate, after some time away from your heart rendering journey, I've just landed on your photograghs with Joy and Andy and they made me laugh. I too remember when you started at the Archives and the fun we all had.

When you get back on your feet and feel up to travelling, please keep Inkerman in mind as a destination. It's a great spot for celebrating life.

One last thing, the terrific scarf you're wearing looks like a Joy selection, am I right?

Your friend
Terresa