Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Surgery Done

by Michael

It's just after 11:00 p.m., and I'm just back from PMH. Kate's surgery was this morning. It went well. As the surgeon told me afterwards: "As expected. No surprises."

Kate is now sleeping. One night in hospital. Home tomorrow morning.

She was alert by early afternoon, feeling dopey. Discomfort and some pain. More movement in her arm than expected, but it is limited and sharply painful in some directions.

She is in good spirits, however, and resting well. I'm sure she will give her own account later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of Love n hugs to you too Michael. Gentler ones to Kate as soon as poss. Thinking about you all - all the time. V xoxoxoxoxoxoo

sd said...

Good news!

sd and pc

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news. You two are an inspiration to those of us who tend to go on and on about our aches and pains - gimpy knees and creaky necks. Kate. your humor and grace bring a smile to my face and warmth to my heart; Michael, you remind me that love and TLC are very close to the top of the list of important things.
Much love ,
Jean