Friday, January 13, 2012

Normal stuff

Normal stuff, I like it.

Today, I got up on time, and made lunches for my kids. I had a bowl of rice krispies. I then dropped off my kids, and went to pick up a car (ok, minor blip - went to the wrong Autoshare car....doh! Chemo brain!!). I then had to scrape off said car, and shovel the sidewalk. I then drove, which is significant, ran errands - pharmacy, LCBO, a quick shop here and there.

Normal stuff, but last week, impossible due to chemo fatigue and pain. What a difference a few days can make.

Also, today I had the opportunity to pay it forward. All the goodness afforded me, with meals, thoughtful kind nesses, paid forward. I got to place a cooler full of food on someone else's porch, with a note, a trashy magazine, candy, and nice hand cream, for their recuperation from surgery (she too has had the scourge, breast cancer).

I am so delighted I get to do normal stuff. Not even a whiff of sickness, or fatigue - no bone deep tiredness. Just feeling ok. Walking in the snow- lovely. Driving a car with tunes blasting - awesome. Chatting with Joe at the LCBO about the new Food and Drink magazine - fantastic.

Pizza night tonight with our beloveds, the Dawson-Marches.

Normal stuff, I LOVE it.

KO


3 comments:

Melanie said...

Yay for normal! Friday night pizza night with good friends is where it's at. Enjoy. Savour. Drink. XO

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo! Yep - normal is fab. That realisation is what life is all about. I remember our Friday pizza nights fondly. And MISS you ALL. lol xxoxoxox V

David Haas said...

Hi,
I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
Thanks,
David