Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Home

by Michael

Home is where you belong. So goes the song by the Ontario group, the Phantoms (circa early 1990s).

Home is where we are now. Kate came home tonight, late. All tests done, surgeons consulted.

We go back tomorrow to Sunnybrook to meet with Dr. Trudeau and consult further.

The cement thing seems not to be an option. Surgery with "bolts" (possibly also adding some cement in there) is an option, but no rush. Continue with the CADD pump, morphine and pain management regimen for now.

More updates soon. Right now we're just really effen tired.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for taking a moment to keep us all up to date. Lots of Love to you all. V

Daisy said...

Yes, I thank you so much for taking time out for us as well. You are a wonderful man, thank you for taking such good care of Kate and all of us.

Carrie Snyder said...

I'm sorry to hear this, Michael, and I hope you and Kate have gotten some rest. Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all often.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate & Mike
As I listened to The Phantoms singing "Home" I was overcome by a great rush of emotions - sorrow, joy, gratitude, wonder, humility and nameless others. You are, for all of us,inspirations, and your willingness to share your pains, your hopes,and your effen tiredness
is a blessing to us who love you. So I send a whack of love to you, to the kids, and, if you had a dog, I'd sent it to him too.

Jean said...

P.S.
I had a vision of a cement truck backing up to Kate's bed - glad to know that's not going to happen.

Jean said...

P.S.
I had a vision of a cement truck backing up to Kate's bed - glad to know that's not going to happen.

Haideh said...

I am glad to hear that you guys are home and resting. Love to you both.